Monday 23 December 2013

Telling the story of telling the story ...

Occasionally I do the diary kind of scrapbooking in pocket-y pages. Not so often that I become one of those "Oh no, I got behind with documenting my boring life" kind of scrapbookers, obviously. You can take a peek at my Easy Pocket Scrapbooking website if you want to know what I mean. And yes, this is something else we'll be teaching on the cruise ships too!

Anyhoo ... here's a page showing a big box of old family photos Maureen (John's Mum for those who don't know her) has kept over the years. Her Dad was a keen photographer so we have lots of photos of her as a child and if you scroll down this blog you'll see some of the repair work I've done on them.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


THIS IS A HINT, FOLKS !!!

Many of you have seen what can be done with the old photos and can - surely - imagine how frustrating it is to be promised photos and then get nothing. I have lovely photos from Julie and Judith on the Hills side, lots on John's side and the "Second Family" Horswills (those descended from my Great Great Grandfather Roger Horswill's second marriage) have done a lot on the online family tree which anyone in the family can join. It's the immediate Horswill family who don't deliver! I'm hoping to change this in 2014 before photos are thrown away and a big chunk of our heritage is lost forever.

Design credits: Page was made with Becky Higgins' Project Life Heritage  digital kit

No comments:

Post a Comment